The economical, space-saving combination system for mid-sized breweries and bottling plants
Camera and LED lighting technology
In our CLIP CHECK swing-top check, XPLORER empty bottle inspector and XPLORER DUO swing-top and empty bottle inspector systems, the inspection steps are carried out by advanced CCD / CMOS cameras and long-life, energy-efficient high-performance LED lighting units.
Own and external logos
A distinction can be made between your own and external logos.
- If necessary, only your own logos are recognised as “OK”. Alternatively your own material can be ejected, for example when bottling for third parties.
- If the swing-top cannot be centred, i.e. cannot be aligned, no check takes place and the bottle is ejected.
- Bottles with broken/bent swing-tops are also ejected
Sealing rubber: colour, cleanliness and cracks
- the colour camera can distinguish between different rubber colours and, according to customer requirements, only certain colours are recognised as OK.
- cracks, dirt, missing seals as well as chipping and damage to the ceramic in the middle of the sealing rubber are reliably detected and the bottle is ejected.
Bottle neck inspection
The inspection of the neck of the bottle takes place with the swing-top raised, allowing 360° all-round detection.
Sealing surfaces / mouth inspection
The mouth of the container is inspected for the reliable detection of damaged sealing surfaces. The entire mouth is visualised and analysed for faults. Breakouts, spalling, damage, stress cracks, rust stains and coatings are reliably detected and the containers are ejected from the production process.
The X PLORER thread detector inspects screw caps over the entire thread geometry, whether there is only one thread or several. The threads are unwound via various mirrors and inspected for critical areas of wear and damage.
During the inspection of container bases, a high-contrast image of the base is analysed by LED flash lights. Existing structures such as imprints and markings or knurling marks are masked by filters so that every kind of foreign object or damage is reliably detected.
Side wall inspection
Two high-performance CCD cameras, which take pictures at staggered positions, create overlapping images through a system of mirrors in the transmitted light, thus creating a full 360 ° all-round view. Existing glass structures are analysed, so that faults such as cracks, pitting, scuffing, as well as films and adhering paper lead to the container being ejected.
Residual liquid detection IR / HF
We use high frequency (HF) and infrared measurement (IR) for the detection of residual liquid. In the case of the HF measurement, a high-frequency field in the base area registers the minutest liquor. Non-conductive liquids such as varnishes or oils are reliably detected by infrared sensors.
The performance range of our checking and inspection equipment of up to 20,000 bottles/hr is specially designed for the requirements of mid-sized breweries and bottling plants. Higher performances are possible at any time thanks to our flexible modular system.
For new plants and plant modernisations
Our checking and inspection systems in a stainless steel compact design are extremely space-saving. This makes them suitable for installation in new plants as well as for retrofitting when modernising existing plants. All drives, from the washing machine through the pressureless merging to the filler, are controlled entirely by our systems and regulated according to the filler conductance. The ideal belt speeds can be taught. All control parameters necessary for this are controlled according to the type of container via the user interface.
Areas of application
- Breweries, bottling plants, dairies and the food industry
- Full and partial inspection of all common swing-top, screw cap and crown cork bottles
- Suitable for new plants and, thanks to the low space requirements, ideal for retrofitting as part of plant modernisations
- Modular construction for detailed inspection up to the full inspection of empty bottles
- Processing of all bottles occurring in the beverage industry through simple type management
- Swing-top is aligned and positioned hygienically without touching the sealing surfaces
- Hygienic design in stainless steel
- Can be optimally integrated into new and existing plants
- State-of-the-art CCD/CMOS camera technology
- Long-life, energy-efficient high-performance LED lighting
- Complete system integration from the washing machine to the filler
- Integrated, future-proof network interface (Industrial, Ethernet, TCP/IP)
State-of-the-art, extremely high-resolution CCD / CMOS cameras with GigE interfaces. Optimal detection with a bandwidth of 100 MB/s and 8-bit colour depth.
The machine has an internal high-performance PC with maximum detection quality thanks to tailor-made hardware and software.
Motor-driven height adjustment for precise positioning for the detection of small, large, low and high containers.
Our control cabinets are integrated in the machine and are individually adaptable to the respective requirements.
21.5" touch screen with self-explanatory user interface, unlimited container type selection, vision and traceability function.
Precise separation of the bottles at the inlet by photocell-controlled, motor-driven star wheel.
Faulty bottle ejection
Bottles of the incorrect colour and type or with damage and label residues are ejected by KS-pushers.
Bottle alignment station
For the exact positioning of the bottles, the bottles pass through a camera-controlled auxiliary belt station.
Raising of the swing-top
The raising of the swing-top (pat.) takes place hygienically without touching the sealing surfaces.
Via CCD/CMOS camera and high-performance LED lighting unit.
Bottle head inspection
In the raised swing-top position with CCD/CMOS camera and high-performance LED lighting unit.
Precise third-party/own logo recognition with CCD/CMOS camera in the raised swing-top position.
Sealing rubber inspection
Complete inspection for damage, cleanliness, colour and presence at the raised swing-top position.
360° side wall inspection
Special mirror system with two CCD/CMOS cameras and high-performance LED lighting unit for overlapping 360°all-round detection.
Faulty bottle ejection
After the empty bottle inspection, faulty bottles are ejected onto parallel belts by a KS linear ejector.
Bottle diameter adjustment
Manual with hand crank according to easily readable precision meter.
Motor-driven height adjustment
Motorised with on/off switch with easily readable precision meter.